On the 3rd Quarter 2017 Validation of PRO6, Balume Criminal Gang headed by Arturo Balume Sr @ Master Pedik is one among Sub Group member of the late Melvin Odicta operating in Iloilo Province, Iloilo City, Capiz and Negros Occidental.
The Criminal Gang has a total of fourteen (14) core members and Seven (7) were already neutralized. They were involved primarily on illegal drugs and secondary as gun for hire.
Arturo Balume Sr @ Pedik/Turing is a resident of Brgy. Bato, Sara, Iloilo, formerly a bodyguard of Ex-Mayor Nephtali Salcedo of Sara and served as Private Armed Group of Mayor Rene Cordero y Delos Santos of Estancia, Iloilo, during 2016 National Election.
He was categorized as High Value Target Level 3 (HVT 3) being the sub-group leader under the late Melvin Odicta Drug Group. His source of illegal drugs is National Bilibid Prison (NBP) and Mindanao.
On May 8, 2016 at about 1:54 PM at Barangay Pani-an, Balasan, Iloilo , Arturo Balume and his group was implicated in the killing of Ronaldo Estandarte y Requinto alias “Bongkol”, a resident of Purok 3 Barangay Tacbuyan, Estancia, Iloilo and Robert Magarso y Federico alias “Intong”, a resident of Sitio Balatocon, Barangay Arac, Passi City both of them is a personal security of Mayoralty Candidate Melina Requinto in Municipality of Estancia, Iloilo. The group were charged for two (2) counts of Murder.
On April 25, 2017 warrant of arrest was issued by Honorable Rogelio J. Amador, Presiding Judge of Branch 66, Barotac Viejo, Iloilo under Criminal Case number 2017-8032 and 8033.
Prior to the successful police operation against the subject, following initiatives were made by Police Regional Office 6.
- On June 8, 2016, composite team of IPPO under direct supervision of PSSUPT RODERICK AUGUSTUS B ALBA served and implemented the Search Warrant in the residence of subject person however, only the caretaker was around.
- On October 28, 2016, Arturo Balume fled from Brgy Bato, Sara, Iloilo and transferred somewhere in Palawan and Negros Island, sometimes sighted in Mindanao particularly in Agusan Del Sur.
- On July 2, 2017, composite team of IPPO and NOCPPO conducted follow up operation at Brgy. San Roque and Brgy Tagda, both in Municipality of Hinigaran, Negros Occidental.
- On August 11, 2017 joint elements of RID 6 and IPPO successfully arrested Cris Perlas y Lachica aka “Dodoy” in Brgy. Asluman, Gigantes Island, Carles Iloilo, Balume Drug Gang member by the virtue of the same warrant of arrest. During Tactical Interrogation of arrested person, he divulged some vital information relative to the properties, whereabouts, armaments and source of funds of the said Criminal Gang.
- On September 15, 2017, Sara MPS successfully arrested Romar Dorde y Pusa, in Brgy. Preciosa ,Sara, iloilo, a personal confidant and right hand of Arturo Balume by the virtue of the same warrant of arrest.
- Creation and activation of dedicated tracker/focus team from the Regional, Provincial and City Police Offices were tasked to follow up possible lead.
- Police Community Action Teams of all PRO 6 units were directed to harness community support for the arrest of the fugitive.
- Case review was held and discussed every Regional Oversight Committee meeting on Illegal Drugs presided by PS/SUPT. JESUS D CAMBAY Jr. Acting DRDO/Chairman.
- Dedicated team continuous and “painstaking”, validated and acted upon actionable intelligence in the entire Province of Iloilo, Capiz, Antique, Guimaras and parts of Iloilo City and Negros Island for several months but subject person evade the arrest by transferring from one safe haven to another lair and various disguise and stealth moves.
- Back ground investigation and operational researched was also conducted to shed light on the real properties of Arturo Balume Sr.as well asto monitor his scope of operation and possible hiding places namely :
A. Beach Resort in Brgy. Suha, San Dionisio, Iloilo - owned by subject and was sold to certain Zerrudo for the price of 1.4 Million Php.
B. Owned a Cockfighting Farm in Brgy. Bato, sara, Iloilo
C. Frequently places visited:
v Hinigaran, Negros Occidental
v Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental
v Bacolod City
v Brgy. Poblacion, Hinoba-an,Negros Occidental
After five (5) months of hiding, a Leader of the Balume Gang and his son Arturo Balume Jr. aka “Turing” was arrested.
At 5:30 PM of October 12, 2017 joint elements of Regional Intelligence Division 6, operatives of IPPO and NOPPO led by PSSUPT MARLON A TAYABA at Brgy. Poblacion, Hinoba-an, Negros Occidental successfully implemented the warrant of arrest against Arturo Balume Sr. aka “Master Pedik” and Arturo Balume Jr. Aka “Turing” by the virtue of warrant of arrest for the crime of two (2) counts of Murder under docketed number in Criminal Case Number 2017-8232 and 8233 issued by Honorable Rogelio J. Amador, Presiding Judge of Branch 66, Barotac Viejo, Iloilo. Accordingly, the wife of both Balume’s and brother in law were also arrested.
Recovered during lawful search:
- Ten (10) sachets of suspected shabu with estimated value of eighty three thousand pesos (Php 83,000.00);
- One (1) unit of 38 Revolver with six (6) live ammos;
- One (1) unit of Caliber 45 colt with serial number 731514 with seven (7) live ammos and one (1) magazine;
- One (1) unit of Nokia Cellphone.
Arrested persons were subjected to Medical Examination after they were fingerprinted, mugshot and documented.
Case of illegal possession of firearms and ammunition and possession of illegal drugs is being prepared against the suspects by the Investigator On Case (IOC).