The Prevendido Drug Group is the major drug group operating in the whole region. It has one sub group, headed by Ernesto Bolivar.
The group is headed by Richard Prevendido y Pedrajas @ Buang. It has at least 15 core members and undetermined distributors. A resident of Brgy. Bakhaw, Mandurriao. He was also the brother of Punong Barangay Remia Gregori of Brgy. Bakhaw, Iloilio City.
He was arrested before for violation of illegal Possession of Firearms and was detained at Iloilo Rehabilitation Center (IRC) sometime in 2007 where he gained contacts and expertise in illegal drug trade. The group of Melvin Odicta and Richard Prevendido controls the illegal drug trades in the Western Visayas.
After the death of Melvin Odicta last August 29, 2016 at Caticlan Jetty Port, Caticlan, Malay, Aklan, Richard Prevendido was elevated as the number 1 illegal drug personality in the region and on September 8, 2016 he was listed as National High Value Target of Directorate of Intelligence (Watch listed). Further he was listed in Pres Rodrigo Roa Duterte as HVT Level 3.
On January 6, 2017 Warrant of Arrest Number 16-79515 for Viol of Sec 11, Paragraph 1(5) of RA 9165 was issued by Hon Judge Daniel Antonio Gerardo Amular of RTC6 Branch 35, 6th Judicial Region against him.
After eight (8) months of hiding Richard Prevendido and his son died when they engaged personnel of this Police Office who are about to implement the Warrant of arrest at Phase 4, Land Heights Subdivision, Barangay Balabago, Jaro, Iloilo City.
Prior to the successful police operation against the subject, following initiative were made by Police Regional Office 6.
1. Recruitment of an Action Agent who has an access/member of the group. That led to the Approval of Complete Operational Plan (COPLAN) “Bato-Bantiling Charlie” by the Directorate for Intelligence in May 2017.
2. Creation and activation of dedicated tracker/focus team from the Regional, Provincial and City Police Offices.
3. Police Community Action teams of all PRO 6 units were directed to harness community support for the arrest of the fugitive.
4. Case review was held and discussed every Regional Oversight Committee meeting on Illegal Drugs presided by PSSUPT. JESUS D CAMBAY Jr. Acting DRDO/Chairman.
5. Dedicated team Continues and “painstalking”, validated and acted upon actionable intelligence in the entire Province of Iloilo, Capiz, Antique, Guimaras and parts of Iloilo City for several months but subject person eluded arrest by transferring from one safe haven to another and using cut outs and “pasabilis” to shake or escape from operating troops.
6. Operational research was also conducted to discover the real properties of Richard Prevendido as well asto monitor his scope of operation and possible hiding places namely:
a. Crystal Cove Beach Resort - Brgy. Igcadlum, San Joaquin, Iloilo, registered in the name of Maria Mae Gregori (jobless).
b. Rest House - Brgy. Daragan, Buenavista, Guimaras,registered in the name of Richard Prevendido y Pedrajas.
c. Breeding Farm (cock fight) - Brgy. Camiros, Anilao, Iloilo
Other places he visited such as:
1. Deca Homes Subdivison, Brgy. Pandac, Pavia, Iloilo;
2. Brgy. Abilay Norte, Oton, Iloilo;
3. Brgy. Pitogo, San Joaquin, Iloilo;
4. Sitio Ginit and Olang respectively Barangay Sibariwan, Dumarao, Capiz ;
5. Brgy. Tacay, Buenavista, Guimaras;
6. Brgy. Polaw, Dumangas, Iloilo;
7. Brgy. Dabong, Janiuay, Iloilo
8. Sitio Turo-Turo, boundary of Brgy. Cabatangan, Lambunao and Brgy. Atimonan, Janiuay, Iloilo.
7. Last April 2017 a breakthrough was made when an information was received from the community and confirmed by the Action Agent that Richard Prevendido y Pedrajas @ Buang was staying somewhere at Landheights Subdivision, Brgy. Balabago, Jaro, Iloilo City.
On September 1, 2017 at about 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon Operating unit of RID led by PSUPT JULIUS B BALANO received an information through confidential informant regarding the exact location of the subject.
Immediately thereafter, PSUPT JULIUS B BALANO coordinated and informed PSSUPT JESUS D CAMBAY Jr., Acting DRDO, and PSSUPT MARLON TAYABA, IPPO Provincial Director, and devised an immediate operational plan to effect the arrest of Richard Prevendido.
A briefing was conducted to the operating teams how and when to safely implement the Warrant of Arrest at the place where Richard Prevendido is presently hiding.
At about 8:30 in the evening of September 1, 2017, while at Phase 4, Land Heights Subdivision, Barangay Balabago, Jaro, Iloilo City, joint personnel of Regional Intelligence Division 6 led by PSUPT JULIUS B BALANO and PSINSP JIGGER GIMENO, IPPO led by PSSUPT MARLON TAYABA, PCI JONATHAN PINUELA and SWAT-ICPO/ICPS 1 & 3 led by PSI TRANQULINO QUERUBIN under the direct supervision of PSSUPT JESUS CAMBAY JR, ADRDO implemented the Warrant of Arrest Number16-79515 for Violation of Sec11, Paragraph 1(5) of RA 9165, against Richard Prevendido y Pedrajas @ Buang, National High Value Target of Philippine National Police.
However, upon reaching and after introducing themselves as police officers, the operating teams were fired upon by the occupants of the house. The police officers fired back which resulted to the death Richard Prevendido y Pedrajas @ Buang and his male companion who was later identified as Jason Prevendido based on recovered identification card.
The following were recovered:
a. One (1) AK47 assault rifle;
b. One (1) .45 Cal Pistol;
c. One (1) .38 revolver;
d. One (1) Super .38 Pistol;
e. Four (4) Cellular Phones;
f. Bandolier cartridge 12 magazines of 7.62 cartridge with three (3) boxes of 7.62 cartridge;
g. Three (3) cartridge cases of 5.56 caliber;
h. One (1) cartridge case of .38 super caliber;
i. One (1) cartridge of .45 caliber;
f. Thirteen (13) .38 live ammunitions;
k. Twelve (12) .22 live ammunitions;
l. Three (3) deformed fired ammunitions;
m. Four (4) Laptops;
n. Two (2) Heat sealed transparent plastic sachets containing suspected methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu;
o. One (1) plastic containing suspected residue;
p. Eight (8) Bolos;
r. Wallet containing ID’s;
s. One (1) cross bow
At about 9:25 o’clock in the evening the crime scene was secured and cordoned by the security team.
At about 9:45 o’clock in the evening SOCO Team led by PCI HILARIO ROGA arrived and processed the crime scene and still on going up to this time.
At about 12:00 midnight Prosecutor Ma. Nazelle Infante, duty inquest prosecutor arrived at the crime scene and conducted on site inquest.
Iloilo City Police Station 3 requested the conduct of Paraffin Test, Post Mortem, and Ballistic Examination to Crime Laboratory and K9-Unit in PDEA.
Case of direct assault, illegal possession of firearms and ammunition and possession of illegal drugs is being prepared against the two (2) suspects by the case investigators.
GILBERT T GORERO
Regional Public Information Office
For clarification, please contact telephone number (033) 330-2553.
- Hits: 101